close
close

Dallas developer and 'Marrying Millions' star pleads guilty to sex crime in California

A well-known Dallas-area real estate developer and reality television personality pleaded guilty in a California court on Monday to sexual assault charges for attacking an unconscious 16-year-old girl at his Laguna Beach vacation home in 2021.

William Lewald “Bill” Hutchinson, 65, was sentenced in an Orange County court to three years probation and must register as a sex offender. He will not serve any prison time.

Fourth woman sues Dallas developer Bill Hutchinson for sexual assault

One count of rape and four other counts of sexual assault against him were dismissed. He had previously pleaded not guilty to all six charges.

Hutchinson starred in the Lifetime reality television series Millions get married for two seasons starting in 2019. The show highlighted his relationship with a woman 40 years his junior.

He resigned as president of his real estate firm, Dunhill Partners, and also stepped down from his roles at Virgin Hotels Dallas and W Hotel around the time of the allegations.

The accusations

Hutchinson was accused in 2021 of sexually abusing a young girl at his Highland Park home, but he maintained he was innocent and a Dallas County grand jury declined to indict him on that charge in 2022.

The charges against him in California involved the same teenager and another girl, both 16 at the time of the alleged incidents.

Hutchinson still faces an assault lawsuit in Dallas County filed against him by three women, identified in court documents only as Jane Doe 1, Jane Doe 2 and Jane Doe 4.

The lawsuit was first filed in July 2021 in a Dallas County district court by the teenager who claimed he assaulted her in Texas and California, before the lawsuit was amended several times to include the additional plaintiffs.

Each is aiming for at least $1 million.

The women allege Hutchinson sexually abused each of them – some repeatedly – at various locations in Dallas in 2019 and 2020 after plying them with alcohol to the point of intoxication, the lawsuit says.

The lawsuit is scheduled to be heard by a jury in November.

Michelle Simpson Tuegel, an attorney representing the three women, said The Orange County Register She is “encouraged” that a victim came forward in the California case and that it led to a criminal conviction.

“I applaud the courage of these survivors, whose bravery in coming forward not only resulted in a measure of justice for what she went through, but also helped shed light on the actions of a man who is now a registered survivor sex offender,” she said. “It’s not easy to stand up to a public figure and wait years for a court date, but this survivor’s courage shows the potential impact of every voice.”

Anna Harden

Learn More →

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *